Why St. Michael's High School?
are pleased by your interest in St. Michael’s High School. We have a reputation
for excellence in academics, athletics
and extracurricular activities, offering the most well-rounded and affordable
private education in Santa Fe.
Every student at St. Michael's is an individual and is encouraged to pursue his or her own interests and be true to themselves. As a Lasallian school we emphasize Christian behavior and provide structure to guide our students safely and intelligently toward adulthood.
The application process and requirements consists of completing an online application, taking a required test, completing an in-person interview, and submitting written recommendations.
Documentation and Recommendations
All supporting application documents must be submitted to the school's front office. We prefer that all required application documents be submitted together, however, it is acceptable for supporting application documents to be turned in separately, as long as all documents are received by the application deadline. PLEASE NOTE: applications will not be processed without the application fee. The following paperwork must be submitted before the interview process may begin.
- Completed application (Available here) and non-refundable $65 application fee (paid online)
- Official transcripts and/or report cards from most recent/current school
- Most recent standardized testing results, if applicable
- Three recommendation forms from an Administrator/Counselor, English/Language Arts Teacher and Math Teacher; click here for the recommendation forms
- Completed religious affiliation form; click here for the religious affiliation form
Test and Interview
After an applicant has submitted all necessary documentation for a complete application file, they will be invited to test and interview. The testing and interview process consists of the following:
- Student personal interview: students will interview with a member of either the faculty, school administration, or Board of Trustees
- Student written interview: students will hand-write on a number of topics and questions immediately before or after the personal interview
- Student placement test: administered to gauge an applicants academic readiness
- Parent written interview: parents will hand-write on a number of topics and questions while the student is completing their personal and written interview
When the paperwork, interviews and testing are complete, the admissions committee will meet to review applications and make admissions decisions.