Application - Requirements and Deadlines (2014 - 2015 school year)
2014-2015 Important Dates and Application Deadlines
Open House for Prospective Families:
Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 5:30 PM
First Round Priority Application Deadline:
Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:30 PM
Second Round Applications are accepted on a rolling basis after February 28, 2014
Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 8:15- 12:30 PM
Saturday, February 8, 2014 - 8:15 - 1:30 PM
*(students only attend one interview day)
Notification of Admissions Decisions:
Postmarked by Friday, February 28, 2014
New Student Registrations Due:
Friday, March 21, 2014 - 3:30 PM - includes $300 non-refundable registration fee
Financial Aid Application Due:
Friday, May 16, 2014 - Applications must be in 'verified' status by 5/16/14.
*For more information about the financial aid process, click here.
Application Requirements and Process
The application process and requirements can be described in two components – 1. The paperwork and 2. The interview process.
1. The Paperwork:
All documents are to be turned into the front office. While we prefer the application documents to arrive together in a complete packet, it is acceptable for the application documents to come in pieces, as long as all documents are received by the application deadline. No applications will be processed without the application fee. The following paperwork process must be submitted and complete before the interview process may begin.
- Completed application form & non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Checks can be made out to St. Michael’s High School, with the student’s name in the memo line. Cash is acceptable, but not preferred.
- Official transcripts and/or report cards from most recent/current school
- Most recent standardized testing results, if applicable
- 3 completed recommendation forms (Administrator/Counselor, English/Language Arts Teacher, Math Teacher)
- Completed religious affiliation form
2. The Interview Process:
Once Students have submitted all necessary documentation for a complete application file, they are considered for an invitation to the interview process. The interview process has 3 components and is outlined below.
- Student Personal interview - students will interview with a single member of either the faculty, school administration, or Board of Trustees.
- Student written interview – students will hand-write on a number of topics and questions immediately before or after the personal interview.
- Parent written interview – parents will hand-write on a number of topics and questions while the student is completing their personal and written interview.
When both the paperwork and interview processes are complete, the admissions committee will meet to review applications and make admissions decisions. When the meeting is complete a mail notification of admissions status will be sent to the student.