All families are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Financial aid is granted in two forms: tuition assistance and/or work-study. Families applying for financial aid must complete an online application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS. FACTS reviews all submitted information including family income, number of children, expenses, etc., and provides a list of applicants to St. Michael’s, ranked in order of greatest financial need. FACTS serves as an unbiased reviewer of the information submitted. St. Michael's makes the final decisions regarding financial aid awards.
In order to be considered for financial aid, families must meet the following criteria:
- The family must have an active admissions application to St. Michael’s for the upcoming school year.
- The family must apply for tuition assistance and the application must be complete and verified with FACTS.To be “verified” means FACTS has received all necessary documentation to confirm the details of the application.
- If the application is for a returning St. Michael’s student, the family must have a zero account balance by May 31, 2017, for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- The student must maintain a 2.2 cumulative GPA or the financial aid award will be withdrawn.
After completing the online application, you will need to mail or fax all of the supporting documentation directly to FACTS, not to the school. Tax documents needed to support/verify the application for NEW STUDENTS includes the following:
- Copies of your 2015 tax forms including all supporting tax schedules
- Copies of your 2016 W-2 forms for both spouses
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation and TANF
Financial Aid Applications for NEW STUDENTS for the the 2017-2018 academic year will be available starting December 1, 2016, and must be completed by February 10, 2017, to ensure eligibility. Applications received after February 10, 2017 will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Financial Aid Awards will be distributed with Admissions Notification Letters and will be postmarked no later than March 3, 2017.
Tax documents needed to support/verify the application for RETURNING STUDENTS includes the following:
- Copies of your 2016 tax forms including all supporting tax schedules
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers' Compensation and TANF
Financial Aid Applications for RETURNING FAMILIES for the 2017-2018 academic year will be available starting February 1, 2017 and must be completed by May 12, 2017.
INFORMATION FOR ALL STUDENTS
Students meeting all of these criteria will be considered for financial aid, but it is not guaranteed that by meeting all of these criteria an award will be granted.
Please allow 2–4 weeks for your application and supporting tax documents to be processed. FACTS is unable to verify receipt of documents until they are scanned into the system, which takes approximately 2–3 business days. Faxed or copied applications will not be accepted; it is recommended that you keep a copy of your application for your records.
We strongly encourage all families to submit a financial aid application, whether or not you believe you will be eligible. Families often encounter financial difficulties mid-year, requiring emergency tuition support. However, unless the FACTS Grant Aid & Assessment application has been submitted, no financial aid can be considered.