FINANCIAL AID ELIGIBILITY
In order to be considered for financial aid, families must meet the following criteria:
- The family must have an active admissions application to St. Michael’s for the upcoming school year.
- The family must apply for tuition assistance and the application must be complete AND verified with BLACKBAUD FINANCIAL AID MANAGEMENT. To be “verified” means BLACKBAUD FINANCIAL AID MANAGEMENT has received ALL necessary documentation to confirm the details of the application.
- If the application is for a returning St. Michael’s student, the family must have a zero-account balance by June 30, 2023.
- The student must maintain a 2.2 cumulative GPA, or the financial aid award will be withdrawn.
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION DEADLINE
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Applications submitted without documentation will not be processed. All required documents must be submitted to BLACKBAUD FINANCIAL AID MANAGEMENT, not to the school. Documents required to support/verify the application includes the following:
- Most recent paystubs
- W-2 forms for all jobs
- Tax returns: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules (2020 for NEW FAMILIES and 2021 for CURRENT FAMILIES)
- Business tax returns (if applicable): 1120, 1120S, 1065 (2020 for NEW FAMILIES and 2021 for CURRENT FAMILIES)
- Supplemental income documentation: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, 1099-M Forms, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Worker’s Compensation, TANF, etc.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to provide any of the aforementioned items, select "Document Cannot Be Provided" during documentation upload and submit a "Special Circumstances Letter" indicating which document(s) you are unable to provide and why. This information will be shared with St. Michael's for consideration.
Documentation should be submitted at the time the application is completed. Application ID’s must be included on all documents. Failure to include your ID will delay processing of your application. Please be advised that each document must be uploaded separately under the appropriate document type in order for your application to automatically move into the review status. Check off the Document Cannot Be Provided box if you are unable to provide a document. Doing so will enable your application to continue on with the review process.
APPLYING AND CREATING YOUR ACCOUNT
Please click here and create your account by entering your primary email address as your username. BLACKBAUD FINANCIAL AID MANAGEMENT will use this email address to contact you in the event that your application is “on hold” for missing documentation. Once you create your username and password, you will receive a verification email. Once you click on the verification link to verify that you are the account holder, you will be able to login using the username and password you created. Please be advised that if you do not click on the verification link that is sent to your email address, you will not be able to login or reset your password.
NOTIFICATION OF FINANCIAL AID
Once your application is processed, a financial aid recommendation will be forwarded to the school. All final financial aid decisions, including notification of an award, will be made by St. Michael’s High School.
Students meeting all of these criteria will be considered for financial aid, but it is not guaranteed that by meeting all of these criteria an award will be granted.
We strongly encourage all families to submit a financial aid application, whether or not you believe you will be eligible. Families often encounter financial difficulties mid-year, requiring emergency tuition support. However, unless the BLACKBAUD FINANCIAL AID MANAGEMENT application has been submitted, no financial aid can be considered.