The New Mexico Activities Association Board of Directors voted that physicals from the 2019-2020 school year can be used for 2020-2021. However, there are some conditions that would require a student to get a new physical. These include:
- Does the student have a recent injury?
- Has the student tested positive for COVID-19?
- Has the student been diagnosed with any medical conditions?
If a student did not obtain a sports physical during the 2019-2020 academic year, that student will be required to obtain a physical. Additionally, all students that will be a 7th grader during the 2020-2021 academic year will be required to get a physical. The school is allowed to accept physicals from out of state for students who are relocating and attending St. Michael’s.
If your student plans to participate in athletics during the 2020-2021 academic year, parents must complete the NMAA 2020-2021 Preparticipation Examination Waiver form found on this page.
- If the answer to Question 1 is "NO", then a new sports physical is required.
- If the answer is “YES” to at least one of the following questions, then a sports physical is required: questions 2, 3, 4.
- If the answer is "YES" to at least one of the following questions, then the student will be required to submit clearance from an approved Health Care Professional: questions 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
If the student does not require a sports physical, the Preparticipation Examination Waiver form must be completed and submitted to the school before the student can participate in athletics.